Waitrose Customers raise £209 for the library
Library Christmas Quiz Winner
The winner of the Christmas quiz is Sue Capell, she has won a £30 voucher for the Blacksmiths Arms.
Wednesday Evening Talk: 29th January 2020
Barrow upon Soar Community Library,
Barrow upon Soar,
Tel: 01509 416356
The Library can be hired for your event see details
The Barrow Community Partnership Library went Live on Monday 27th July 2015
BUSCA were officially handed the keys to Barrow Library on Monday 27th July. Our volunteers had been busy preparing themselves with training sessions and were ready to provide you with a service that was Business as Usual.
We now operate slighly longer opening hours than before, staying open over lunchtime on Wednesday and Friday. The evening opening day has changed from Friday to Wednesday:
Mon 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Wed 10:00am - 6:00pm
Fri 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sat 10:00am - 1:00pm
You will experience the same systems and services for book lending, computer use, photo-copying etc. In fact, we hope that you won't notice the difference and that we will be able to match the same level of excellent service that we have all enjoyed in the past.
We now have a coffee machine, so come to the library, relax and enjoy tea or coffee while you make your next literary selection.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the library phone 01509 416356
See our new Facebook page.
If you have any questions or need assistance, the volunteer library staff will be pleased to help.
You can contact us during opening hours on 01509 416356.
A larger collection of stock can be found at Loughborough Library. It costs nothing to join the library or to borrow books (the basic service is free) and you are never too young to join!
- Novels – a selection of popular hardback and paperback fiction with separate sections for crime, romance, and westerns.
- Information books – most popular topics. Subject requests are free to support homework and study.
- Books in large print.
- Talking books (books on CD, small charge).
- A separate independent section of Adult Fiction sourced from donated books. This includes many classic fiction items not normally found in local libraries.
- Storybooks for children of all ages.
- Board books and picture books for babies and pre-school children.
- Talking Books for 11 years and under - no charge.
- Information books to help with homework and leisure reading.
- Books for teenagers.
- Books for parents on child related issues.
- Young Readers sessions (stories and rhymes) for under 7's. £1.00 donation to library funds per child per session.
- Rhyme Time for 3s and under. Weekly on Fridays from 10:30am to 11:00am.
See some examples of Children's artwork, previously displayed at Barrow Library in 2005 and 2006.
- General reference books available on-line
- Local courses and evening classes
- Local papers
- Information about the local community including parish, district and county information
- Local studies information including books, maps and village file on Barrow upon Soar, Parish records for Barrow upon Soar and Walton on the Wolds together with some census records.
- Ancestry Library Edition and Find my Past are available in this library free of charge to do family history research
COMPUTERS AND ICT
Our Public Access computers are based on the Apple Mac, and offer the following features:
- Facilities are free to library users except for a small charge for printing
- Children under 8 should be accompanied by an adult
- Free computer taster courses – ask library staff for help
- Public access via Broadband to the World Wide Web including email
- WiFi access so you can use your own device
- Microsoft Office programs available
- Scanner and Printer
- Online public access to the Library catalogue
OTHER FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- Photocopying (up to A3 size)
- Microfiche reader
- Laminating (up to A4 size)
- Arts & Crafts sales
- Stationery sales
- Ramp to entrance
- Library is all on one level with wide aisles
- Accessible toilet with baby change facility
- Car park available at rear